![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social Science : Economics
I. Choose the correct answers
1. According to the 2011 census, the total population of India was______.
a) 121 crore
b) 221 crore
c) 102 crore
d) 100 crore
Answer : a) 121 crore
2. _________has recorded the maximum number of emigrants.
Answer : c) Chennai
3. During 2015 ________ of illiterates were migrants from Tamil Nadu.
Answer : a) 7%
4. The poorer sections of the population migrate ___________ .
a) as a survival strategy
b) to improve their living standards
c) as a service
d) to get experience
Answer : a) as a survival strategy
II. Fill in the blanks.
1. Migration is enumerated on place of birth and place of residence bases.
2. The mobility of population in rural areas is greater than urban areas.
3. In rural India, as per census 2011, 37 percent of the population are counted as migrants.
4. Marriage is the major reason for female migration.
5. Any migrant stream would consist of heterogeneous sub streams.
III. Match the following
1. Migration policy – a. Work
2. Female migrants – b. low incidence of imigration
3. Chennai – c. maximum number of emigration
4. Better off migrants – d. marriage
5. Salem – e. to reduce the volume of migration
6. Male migrants – f. to improve the living standards
1. Migration policy – to reduce the volume of migration
2. Female migrants – marriage
3. Chennai – maximum number of emigration
4. Better off migrants – to improve the living standards
5. Salem – low incidence of imigration
6. Male migrants – Work
VI. Write the correct statement.
1. In recent times workers from Tamil Nadu are moving to Africa.
2. In Tamil Nadu the extent of migration is much higher in urban areas compared to rural areas.
3. Any migrant stream would consist of homogeneous sub-streams.
4. Two out of every 10 persons is reported to be a migrant.
Answer : 1. In recent time workers from Tamil Nadu are moving to Africa.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.