OBJECTIVES OF BUSINESS
Human activity is an activity performed by a human being to meet his/her needs and wants or may be for personal satisfaction. Human activities can be categorised into economic and non-economic activities. The chart below gives a snapshot of human activities.
Activities undertaken with the object of earning money are called economic activities.
· Production of goods by manufacturers
· Distribution of goods by wholesalers
· Selling by retailers
· Medical advice rendered by physicians
· Accounting practice by chartered accountants
Activities undertaken to satisfy social and psychological needs are called non- economic activities.
· Cooking food for family
· Celebrating festivals
· Watching movies in a theatre
· Doing meditation