Listen to the poem and fill in the blanks with appropriate words and phrases. If required listen to the poem again.
Choose the best option and complete the sentences.
1. ___________ works like madness in the poet.
a) Wander – Thirst
b) Bidding Farewell
c) Eastern Sunrise
2. A man could choose ________ as his guide.
a) the sun
b) the hills
c) a star
d) a bird
3. There is no end of _________ once the voice is heard.
4. The old ships return, while the young ships ___________ .
5. The blame is on the sun, stars, the road and the __________ .
In contrast to the 70 line poem of Tennyson, look at the following haikus.
1. A summer river being crossed
how pleasing w
ith sandals in my hands!
2. O Snail
Climb Mount Fuji,
But slowly, slowly!
3. Cutting into with the ax,
I was surprised at the scent of
The winter trees.