![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Limitations of trial balance
The following are the limitations of trial balance:
· It is possible to prepare trial balance of an organisation, only if the double entry system is followed.
· Even if some transactions are omitted, the trial balance will tally.
· Trial balance may tally even though errors are committed in the books of account.
· If trial balance is not prepared in a systematic way, the final accounts prepared on the basis of trial balance may not depict the actual state of affairs of the concern.
· Agreement of trial balance is not a conclusive proof of arithmetical accuracy of entries made in the accounting records. This is because there are certain errors which are not disclosed by trial balance such as complete omission of a transaction, compensating errors and error of principle.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.