Identification of longitudinal section (L.S) of the human heart.
To observe and draw a labelled sketch of L.S of human heart and write the structure.
Model showing the L.S of human heart
The given model is identified as L.S. of human heart
1. The human heart has four chambers. It is made up of two auricles and two ventricles
2. The chambers are separated by interauricular and interventricular septum. It prevents the mixing of oxygenated and deoxygenated blood.
3. Tricuspid valve - It is located between the right auricle and the right ventricle
4. Bicuspid valve - It is located between the left auricle and the left ventricle
5. The heart is covered by a protective double walled membrane called pericardium
6. The heart pumps blood to all parts of the body.