IDENTIFICATION OF BLOOD CELLS
Identification of blood cells (Red blood cells and white blood cells). To draw a neat labelled diagram and write a note on the blood cells identified.
Permanent prepared slides of blood cells.
The given slide is identified as Red blood cells
1. They are biconcave and disc shaped.
2. They are also known as erythrocytes
3. Mature mammalian RBC’s do not have nucleus.
4. Haemoglobin is a respiratory pigment which gives red colour.
5. It transports oxygen from lungs to tissues and carbon- dioxide from tissues to lungs
The given slide is identified as White blood cells
1. WBC’s are colourless and they have nucleus.
2. They are also known as Leucocytes
3. They show amoeboid movements.
4. They fight against germs and other foreign bodies and thus protect the body from microbial infections and diseases.
5. There are five different types of WBC named as Neutrophils, Eosinophils, Basophils, Lymphocytes and Monocytes