Left: Rani went to the market and bought vegetables.
Right: He is sick so he is in hospital.
A conjunction is a word that joins two words or sentences.
H. Fill in the blanks with suitable linking words or conjunctions.
1. Our team played well and won the game. ( but, because, and)
2. She slipped badly but she did not hurt herself. ( but, and, or)
3. The box was heavy so he could not lift it. ( so, because, and)
4. Rani was late to school because she misssed the bus. ( because, so, and)
5. You can use a pen or a pencil for writing. ( but, and, or)
I. Join the sentence of Column Awith B using the words give in the box.
A / B
The clouds moved away - he helped Velu in time. And
Velu thanked his friend - the sun came out. but
It rained heavily - you wil get choked. or
Eat slowly - the match continued. because
1. The clouds moved away and the sun came out.
2. Velu thanked his friend because he helped Velu in time.
3. It rained heavily but the match continued.
4. Eat slowly or you will get choked.