Social Science : Civics
FORMS OF GOVERNMENT AND DEMOCRACY
IV. Give short answers
1. Give Abraham Lincoln's definition for democracy.
• According to Abraham Lincoln "Democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people".
2. Mention the forms of democracy
Forms of Democracy Government
• Parlimentary form of government (India, England)
• Presidential form of government (USA, France)
3. Distinguish between direct and indirect democracy.
• Direct Participation of people.
• Ex. Ancient greek city states, Switzerland.
• Indirect (through representations) Participation
• Ex. India, England, USA