Factors to be considered for selecting equipment:
Following are some of the factor to be considered while selecting appropriate equipment:
1. Ease of Operation: Faster operation, less fatigue, and fewer errors go with ease of operations. Here are some contributory factors; indexing the amounts, operating the control keys etc.
2. Flexibility: Unless there is enough work to keep a highly specialized machine busy, it is better to select one which can be used for different types of work. In absence of flexibility, the purchase of the machine is not at all justified.
3. Durability: A machine is used by different people under varying conditions. Unless, it is strong and durable, it would be a poor investment.
4. Portability: A machine is frequently moved from user to user or from one place to another place in the same work area.
Compactness and ease of handling saves time and energy and increase the use of the machine. Modern machine have been reduced in size and weight without the sacrifice of the quality.
5. Adaptability: If a machine can be used without disrupting an existing system, it would be better to do so than go in for one which necessitates a considerable rearrangement of the forms and records involved in extensive recopying of information and of adjustments in procedures.
6. Service: Reliable and continuous performance demands quick repairs and proper maintenance. The machine which can be serviced promptly has advantage over one which cannot be serviced.
7. Operating cost: This includes such things as supplies, the space occupied, the special equipment and forms required, repairs, etc.
8. Reputation of the Supplier: Few people have the expertise to judge the mechanical qualities of a machine so one has to depend upon the integrity of the manufacturer and dealer to furnish a good machine and to backup claims and guarantees.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.