FACTORS AFFECTING CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOR
The various factors that affect buying behaviour of in rural India are:
1) Environment of the consumer:- the environment or the surroundings in which the consumer leaves has a very strong influence on the buyer behavior. E.g.:- electrification, water supply effects demand for durables.
2) Geographic influence:- the geographic location in which the rural consumer is located also speaks about the thought process of the consumer. For instance, villages in south India accept technology quicker than in other parts of india.Thus, HMT sells more winding watches in the north while they sell more quartz watches in the south.
3) Influence of occupation:- The land owners and service can buy more of category2 & category3 durables than agricultural laborers.
4) Place of purchase:- Company‘s need to access consumersthe atinflue village shops.
5) Creative use of product:- The study of product and provides indicators to the company on the need for education and also for new product ideas.
E.g.:- godrej hair dye being used as a pain to the color horns of ox. Washing machine being used for making lassie.
6) Brand preference and loyalty:- the people in rural market will not give preference for brand products but they give importance for loyalty of the product. 80% of the sale is branded items in 16 product category.
The social factor consists of three factors,
1) Sociological factor:-
Consumer society or the community is important. The consumer life style is influenced by the social setup. The social constitution and changes influence customer habits, taste, and lifestyles.
2) Anthropological factors:-
The reasonable cultures and subcultures and living patterns influence advertising sales promotion, selling strategies and packing. The consumers in east India have different taste.
3) Psychological factors:-
Consumer behavior attitudes personality and mental make ups are unique. The study of behavior is vital to evolve marketing mix.
The rapid expansion of telecommunication facilities and mobile phone has provided opportunities for rural people to keep in touch with men and markets. Development of TV networks and reasonable channels has enabled the marketers to pass on message about product and services to rural people. In rural areas especially in large villagers and villagers near to towns and cities, children and youth have accused to information such as job opportunities, national news, weather conditions, bank loans etc..IT and internet are sure to spread up exchange of information in rural india though at a slower rate compare to urban market