* To know the sources of electricity
* To be aware of the equipments working on electricity
* To know the different kinds of electric cells and understand their applications
* To be able to use different types of cells in different applications
* To understand the symbols of circuits and apply them in different circuits
* To identify conductors and insulators
* To be able to make their own batteries
We use electricity in our day to day life. Have we ever wondered from where do we get this electricity? How does this electricity work? Can we imagine a day without electricity? If you ask your grandfather, you can come to know a period without electricity. They used oil lamps for light, cooked on fires of wood or coal. By the advent of electricity, our day to day works are made easy and the world is on our hands. What are the appliances those work on electricity? What are the materials those allow electricity to flow through? What are electric circuits? What are electric cells and batteries? Come on, let us descend into this lesson to know more about electricity.
List out the electrical appliances used in your home.
Electric lamps, fans, refrigerator, air-conditiones, TV, washing machine, water heater, electric iron.