![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Aim: To formulate recipes for the preparation of Onion vadagam and Sago vadagam.
Equipment needed: Drying trays, knives, table spoons, plastic sheets, vessels, chop-ping board, packaging machine and air-tight containers.
Fresh vegetables, fish and meat are dried by sunlight to decrease the moisture level, to inhibit the growth of microorganism and to control enzyme activity. Selection of vegetables, washing, peeling, cutting and blanching are the essential steps in drying process.
Small onions : 500g
Green chillies : 50g
Cumin seeds : 15g
Black gram dhal : 100g
Mustard : 5g
Asafoetida : 5g
Garlic : 10g
Curry leaves : 10g
Salt : To taste
· Remove the skin of the onions and chop or crush the onions.
· Soak black gram dhal in water till it becomes soft
· Grind black gram dhal, green chillies, garlic, cumin seeds and curry leaves
· Roast the mustard with little oil and add it to the ground dhal paste
· Add crushed onions, asafoetida and little salt
· Mix all the ingredients together into a thick consistency
· Take small balls and place over plastic sheet and allow it to dry in hot sun
· When it is fully dried, remove from the sheet and store it in an airtight con-tainer.
Sago : 500g
Water for cooking : 2 litres
Green chillies : 10 nos
Salt : As needed
· Soak the sago for 1½ hours in water till it absorbs all the water. Add this to the hot water by adding salt and mashed green chillies paste.
· Boil the above mixture till it is a trans-parent liquid.
· Dry in sunlight by spreading with the table spoon to a round shape.
· Dry it till the moisture gets evaporated.
· Store it in an airtight container.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.