![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Plant Anatomy (Structural Organisation)
1. Consider the following statements
In spring season vascular cambium
i. is less active
ii. produces a large number of xylary elements
iii. forms vessels with wide cavities of these,
a. (i) is correct but (ii) and (iii) are not correct
b. (i) is not correct but (ii) and (iii) are correct
c. (i) and (ii) are correct but (iii) is not correct
d. (i) and (ii) are not correct but (iii) is correct.
2. Usually, the monocotyledons do not increase their girth, because
a. They possess actively dividing cambium
b. They do not possess actively dividing cambium
c. Ceases activity of cambium
d. All are correct
3. In the diagram of lenticel identify the parts marked as A,B,C,D
a. A. phellem, B. Complementary tissue, C. Phelloderm, D. Phellogen.
b. A. Complementary tissue, B. Phellem, C. Phellogen, D.Phelloderm.
c. A. Phellogen, B. Phellem, C. Phelloderm, D. complementary tissue
d. A. Phelloderm, B. Phellem, C.Complementary tissue, D.Phellogen
4. Inner, darker & harder portion of secondary xylem that cannot conduct water in an older dicot stem is called
5. The common bottle cork is a product of
d. Vascular cambium
6. What is the fate of primary xylem in a dicot root showing extensive secondary growth?
a. It is retained in the center of the axis
b. It gets crushed
c. May or may not get crushed
d. It gets surrounded by primary phloem
Assertion and Reason
7. These questions consist of two statements each printed as Assertion and Reason. While answering these questions you are required to choose any one of the following four responses.
A. If both Assertion and Reason are true but the Reason is a correct explanation of the Assertion.
B. If both Assertion and Reason are true but Reason is not a correct explanation of the Assertion
C. If Assertion is true but the Reason is false.
D. If both Assertion and Reason are false.
1. Assertion: In woody stems the amount of heart wood continue to increase year after Year
Reason: The activity of cambial ring continues uninterrupted
2. Assertion: Secondary growth in dicot roots occurs with the help of vascular cambium and phellogen.
Reason: Vascular cambium is completely primary in origin.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.