![if !IE]> <![endif]>
What are the benefits of laparoscopic surgery?
The benefits of laparoscopic surgery are:
· Decreased postoperative respiratory dysfunction
· Decreased postoperative pain
· Decreased analgesic use and sequelae: lethargy, nausea, vomiting and constipation
· Decreased postoperative ileus and adhesions resulting from less bowel exposure and manipulation
· Earlier ambulation
· Shorter hospital stays
· More rapid return to normal activities
· Reduced metabolic response, e.g., ↓hyperglycemia
· Possibly preserved immune response and nitrogen balance
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.