Time cyclic events in a year
Every day we wake up in the morning and go to bed at night time.
This process keeps on repeating every day.
Every day the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening .
Events that keep on repeating in the same manner (without much difference) refers a cycle.
Day and night occurs alternatively forms a cycle.
Some events like growth of a plant, construction of a house do not repeat. These events do not form a cycle.
1. List the events that form a cycle and that do not form a cycle.
i. Coming to school
ii. Rotation of a clock
iii. Days of a week
iv. Growth of your pet
v. Building your house
vi. Making of idly
Events that from a cycle
1. Coming to school
2. Rotation of a clock
3. Days of a week
Events that do not form a cycle
1. Growth of your pet
2. Building your house
3. Making of idly
2. Complete the events of given cycle
Preparing month cycle of a year.
* The Teacher can prepare cards with names of months.
* Divide the class into groups according to the strength.
* Give one set of cards to each group. Each set of cards should be shuffled.
* Ask the group to arrange the cards in the correct cycle of months. The group which completes the task first will be the winner.