![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Have you noticed your mother preparing idly. How does she prepare it.
* First, she soaks rice and black gram in water.
* Second she grinds then to prepare a batter.
* Third she ferments the batter overnight
* Fourth she boils the batter to make idlies.
These events occur in an order in the process of making idly.
The method of arranging events in the order of their happening is called chronological order.
Example of arranging things in chronological order.
* Historical event
* Education qualification
* Family tree
1. Write ‘F’ for the event which comes first and ‘N’ for the event which happens next.
1 Eating (N) cooking (F)
2 Boarding into a bus or train (F) reaching the destination (N)
3 Drawing a picture (F) colouring (N)
4 Taking out a book from the bag (F) reading (N)
5. Opening the door (F) Entering the room (N)
This is Kayalvizhi’s family
Chronological order of her family members is Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Kayalvizhi, and her younger brother.
2. Arrange the following events in chronological order.
i. Started walking, birth, started schooling in class 1, ii. studying in Class 3, studying in Class 2.
Schooling in class 1
Studying in class 2
Studying in class 3
ii. Sowing seeds, plucking fruits, growing fruit, flowering in plant, watering plants.
Flowering in plant
3. Write the names of the your family members in the chronological order.
Ask the brith years of your family members and arrange them chronologically.
(your older brother/Sister)
(your younger brother/Sister)
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.