Let us think and do
Circle / underline the correct word.
palace / house
people / angle
Fill in the blanks.
1. The king wants to build a palace with wood .
2. The tree angel came in the king's dream.
Let us make
Let us make prints with leaves.
* Ask the children to bring different types of leaves.
* Paint one side of the leaf with any colour you like.
* Press the coloured side on the textbook.
* Now, take the leaf out.
* Blow and dry the colour.
Note to the teacher: Give instructions to the children. Ask the children to listen and follow. You can ask the children make another print to display in the class.
1. When does he get up?
He gets up at 5 o’ clock
2. When does he go to bed?
He goes to bed at 9 o’ clock.
3. When does he celebrate his birthday?
He celebrates his birthday on 7th March.
4. When does his summer holiday begin?
His summer holiday begins on 15th April.
5. When does his school reopen?
His school reopens on 2nd june.
6. When do we celebrate the Independence day?
We celebrate the Independence day on 15th August.
7. When does he visit library?
He visits the library on 29th January.
Note to the teacher: Encourage the children to answer orally. Teach them to ask and answer questions with “when…?” practise the structure contextually in the class.
I Can Do
1. Look at the pictures and name it.
( Coconut fiber, turtle, coconut leaves )
2. Circle / underline the words with ce.
cement cider ice nice policy
3. Circle/ underline the words with ci.
city civil spice pencil spicy
4. Circle/ underline the words with cy.
cycle mercy twice circus fancy
5. Recite the poem Wonderful tree with intonation.
6. Listen and circle the words that your teacher says twice.
Kavi and I visit the palace. It is very big. It has big wooden doors. The pillars are big and round. We could not hug the pillar fully. Soon, it will dark outside so we go home.
Note to the teacher: Read the words - wooden, pillar, palace, round and dark one more time to the children.
7. Listen to the teacher and answer.
How will you ask me for a pen?
Do you have a pen?
Yes, I have
8. Look at the picture and fill with me, him, her or us.
a. She danced with him.
b. My dad went to market without me.
c. Our teacher helps us.
d. Gowri always makes her laugh.
9. Write the correct word.
a. Can you help her with homework? (her/it)
b. Lilly likes to play carrom, with him. (he/him).
c. Abi saw her at the bus stop. (she/her)
d. Milk gives us energy. (we/us)
e. Selvi brought me delicious food. (I/me)
Now I can...
Note to the teacher: Ask children to colour the balloon when they achieve the learning outcome.