![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Patients should be asked about behaviors and lifestyle is-sues that may potentially affect their health and increase their risk. The outcome of this discussion provides a meaning-ful basis for counseling and interventions. All patients shouldbe asked about the following issues:
· Tobacco use
· Alcohol use: amount and type
· Use of illegal drugs and misuse of prescription drugs
· Intimate-partner violence
· Sexual abuse
· Health hazards at work and at home; seatbelt use
· Nutrition, diet, and exercise, including folic acid and calcium intake
· Caffeine intake
Questions can also be asked about whether the patient has an advance directive and whether she is interested in organ donation.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.