* Industry: Industry is a place of process by which the raw materials are changed into finished products.
* Economic Activity: Any action that involves in the production, distribution, consumption or services in an activity.
* Types of Economic Activities: Primary economic activities, secondary economic activities and tertiary economic activities are the fundamental and major economic activities.
* Factors affecting location of Industries: Factors affecting location of industries are raw materials, capital, land, water, labour, power supply, transport and market.
1. Quaternary activities: Creation and transfer of information நான்காம் நிலை தொழில்
2. Quinary activities: Decision making processes by Executives associated with industries, government, etc ஐந்தாம் நிலை தொழில்
3. Private Sector: This industry is owned and operated by individuals or group of individuals. தனியார்துறை
4. Co-operative Sector: This industry is owned by the producer or suppliers of raw materials or workers or both. கூட்டுறவு துறை
1. Economic Geography by “Wood and Roberts, (2010)
2. Economic Geography by Jessie P.H. Poon (2016)
3. Economic Geography by K.K. Khanna and V.K.Gupta (1998) I