![if !IE]> <![endif]>
• Anything that fulfills human needs canbe called a resource.
• Resources provided directly by natureare natural resources.
• All living things are biotic resources.• All non-living things are abiotic resources.
• Collection of resources directly fromnature is called primary activities.
• Actual resources are being used atpresent.
• Potential resources are not utilized atpresent.
• After consumption, resources can berenewed with the period of time is called renewable resources.
• Non-renewable resources are resources that have limited stock.
• Resources that found everywhere areUniversal resources.
• Resources found in specific regions arecalled localized resources.
• Natural resources when processed tomeet man’s needs are called man-made resources.
• People are also referred to as resources.
• Tertiary activities are those whichrender services to production and distribution of goods.
• Careful use of resources is conservationof resources.
• when the present population's needsare fullfilled; the future generation's needs will be met without damaging the environment ,sustainable development take place.
1. Manufacture – production.
2. Solar panel – A plate that can absorb solar energy.
3. PV cells– Photo voltic cells
4. Localized– Limited to specific areas.
5. Universal – found everywhere.
6. Open ocean – areas of ocean that does not belong to any country.
7. Depleting – reducing.
8. Conservation – saving for future use.
9. Sustainable – able to be maintained.
10. Tertiary – third level.
Human and economic geography- Goh Cheng Leong
Resources and Economic Activities.
This activity will make the students to know about the renewable resources
Step 1: Open the Browser type the URL link given below (or) Scan the QR Code.
Step 2: A home Page Ingenium opens, select by clicking events, activities and games. Under that select energy games.
Step 3: Now go down and select the power up game by clicking play. Allow to run adobe flash player to play the game.
Step 4: You can play various levels to understand the energy generated from wind and sun. They can also explore the quizzes on different types of energy resources.
*Pictures are indicatives only.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.