Child Safety ( Term 3 Chapter 3 | 3rd Social Science)
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. What is the Childline number?
Answer: b) 1098
2. Childline helps children under the age of ____________.
Answer: c) eighteen
3. Childline helps children who ________.
a) work as labourers
b) needs help with homework
c) both a and b
Answer: a) work as labourers
4. A doctor touching a child‛s private part of the body while check-up while the child‛s father or mother is in the same room is _________ touch.
c) none of the above
Answer: b) safe
5. If someone gives you a unsafe touch, what will you do?
a) inform parents
b) keep it as a secret
c) both a and b
Answer: a) inform parents
II. Write true or false.
1. Child labour is not an offence. (False )
2. If someone is asking to touch the private parts of their body, it is unsafe touch.(True )
3. If someone gives us an unsafe touch, we must tell our parents or teacher. ( True)
4. Indian Penal Code 1820 punishes people involved in child trafficking. ( False)
5. The Childline helps children who work as labourers. (True ).
III. Answer the following
1. Write a short note on Childline.
Childline helps chi Idem who are in need of care and protection. Childline number is 1098.
2. When was Childline established? Which ministry does it fall under?
Childline service was established in the year 1996 under the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
3. What is safe touch?
Hugs from family members is safe touch.
4. What is unsafe touch?
If someone touches chest, between your legs or lips of your body it is unsafe touch.
5. What should you do if someone touches you unsafely?
We should tell our parents or teachers about the unsafe touch.
FUN WITH ACTIVITY
Collect more information about child welfare schemes.
Let us do
Which is the safest way of travelling? Put (✔) or (✖) in the boxes.
Let us write
Which is Safe touch / Unsafe touch?