District Administration (Term 2 Chapter 3 | 3rd Social Science)
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. ________ administrative head of the district.
a) District collector
c) Superintendent of Police
Answer: a) District collector
2. ________ are responsible for government hospitals.
b) Health Officer
Answer: b) Health Officer
3. ________ is maintained by the police department.
c) Law and order
Answer: c) Law and order
4. ________ ensures the proper functioning of educational department in a district.
a) Forest Officer
b) Chief Educational officer
a) Health Officer
Answer: b) Chief Educational officer
5.________ advises on sanitation of the district.
a) Health Officer
b) Forest Officer
c) Revenue Officer
Answer: a) Health Officer
II. True or False.
1. District collectors are appointed through exams conducted by U.P.S.C. ( True)
2. Teacher gives order to make sure different policies reach people in the district. (False)
3. Chief Educational Officer takes care of the education department. ( True)
4. Police officers are responsible for the government hospitals. (False )
5. Forest officer takes care of the forest department.(True)
III. Answer the following.
1. Who is the Administrative head of the district?
District collector is the Administrative head of a district.
2. How are the District Collectors selected?
The District Collectors are selected by Union Public Service Commission (U.P.S.C).
3. Name any three departments of the district.
• District Medical department.
• District Forest department.
• District Chief Educational department.
4. Who maintains law and order in the district?
Superintendent of Police maintains law arid order in the district with the assistance from all police officers.
5. Write about the Health Officer.
Health officers are responsible for government hospitals in the district. The person in charge advises on health and sanitation in the district.
FUN WITH ACTIVITY
Name some of the departments functioning in your District.
* Health department
* Police department
* Education department
* Agriculture department
* Food and civil department
Name some of the duties of Policemen.
• Preventing crime and protecting the public. They do this by patrolling on foot in uniform and in police cars.
• Responding to crimes.
• Investigating crime.
• Arresting and detaining suspects.
• To help with emergencies or problems that are not crimes.
Let us paste
Find the missing letters using the hints. (Hints)
* Administrative head of the district. Collector.
* Maintains law in and order. Police
* Advises on health. Doctor
* Teaches morality. Teacher