I. Choose the correct answer
1. Our body needs ______ for muscle-building
Answer: (c) Protein
2. Scurvy is caused due to the deficiency of________.
a) Vitamin A
b) Vitamin B
c) Vitamin C
d) Vitamin D
Answer: (c) Vitamin C
3. Calcium is an example of a
Answer: (d) minerals
4. We should include fruits and vegetables in our diet, because_______.
a) They are the best source of Carbohydrates
b) They are the best source of Proteins
c) They are rich in minerals and Vitamins
d) They have high water content
Answer: (c) They are rich in minerals and Vitamins
5. Bacteria are very small _______ microorganism.
Answer: (a) Prokaryotic
II. True or False
6. There are three main nutrients present in food. [False]
There are Six main nutrients
present in food.
7. Fats are used as an energy store by our body [True]
8. All bacteria have flagella. [False]
Some bacteria not have flagella.
9. Iron helps in the formation of haemoglobin. [True]
10. Virus can grow and multiply outside host. [False]
Virus can grow and multiply
III Fill in the Blanks
11. Malnutrition leads to Deficiency Diseases
12. Iodine deficiency leads to Goitre in adults.
13. Vitamin D deficiency causes Rickets.
14. Typhoid is transmitted due to contamination of food and water.
15. Influenza is a Viral disease.
IV. Complete the Analogy
16. Rice: Carbohydrate :: Pulses:_____.
Answer: Rice: Carbohydrate :: Pulses: Protein
17. Vitamin D : Rickets :: Vitamin C:_____.
Answer: Vitamin D : Rickets :: Vitamin C: Scurvy
18. Iodine: Goitre :: Iron:_____.
Answer: Iodine: Goitre :: Iron: Anemia
19. Cholera: Bacteria :: Smallpox:_____
Answer: Cholera: Bacteria :: Smallpox: Virus.
V Match the Following
20. Vitamin A- Rickets
21. Vitamin B- Night blindness
22. Vitamin C- Sterility
23. Vitamin D- Beri beri
24. Vitamin E- Scurvy
20. Vitamin A - Night blindness
21. Vitamin B - Beriberi
22. Vitamin C - Scurvy
23. Vitamin D - Rickets
24. Vitamin E - Sterility
VI Complete the Diagram
VII. Write Short Answer
25. Write two examples for each of the following .
a. Food items rich in fat.
b. Vitamin deficiency diseases.
• Butter, ghee, milk, cheese, paneer, nuts, meat, fish, egg yolk etc.
• Night blindness, Beriberi, Rickets, Nervous weakness, Weakness of the bones, teeth etc.
26. Differentiate between carbohydrate and protein
1. Carbohydrates are energy giving component of the food.
2. We can obtain carbohydrates in the form of Sugar, starch and dietary fibres.
1. Proteins are body building foods.
2. The sources of proteins are pulses, eggs, fish, milk, chicken, soya bean, nut, grams etc,
27. Define the term “ Balanced diet”.
• A balanced diet contains sufficient amount of various nutrients to ensure good health.
• Food should also provide the appropriate amount of energy and adequate amount of water.
28. Why should the fruits and vegetables not to be washed after cutting?
The fruits and vegetables not to be washed after cutting because the nutrients present in it are lost out through water.
29. Write any two viral diseases
Diseases Caused By Virus
• Common cold
• Chicken pox
30. What is the main feature of a microorganism?
A microorganism are cannot be seen without the help of a microscope.
Most of the microbes belong to four major groups:
VIII. Long Answer
31. Tabulate the vitamins and their corresponding deficiency diseases.