![if !IE]> <![endif]>
The Mystery of the Cyber Friend
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Shree lives in Katpadi Junction town.
2. Shree celebrated her thirteenth birthday.
3. Madhoo was film actress.
4. Chaitra finally asked her to come to the railway station.
5. Akka went to the station master to get a help for them.
the station master, film actress, the railway station, thirteen , Katpadi Junction
B. Say whether the following statements are 'True' or 'False'.
1. Shree spends most of the time on T.V. [Answer: False]
2. Shree’s aunt stays with them. [Answer: True]
3. Chaitra is Shree’s school friend. [Answer: False]
4. Chaitra gifted Shree a new camera phone. [Answer: False]
5. Shree went alone to the train station to meet Chaitra. [Answer: False]
6. A fraud middle aged man pretended to be Chaitra. [Answer: True]
C. Name the speaker.
Lines from the lesson : Speaker
1. "Do you do anything other than eating?" : Shree's friend
2. "Are you feeling unwell?" : Shree's aunt
3. "I don't have a camera phone" : Shree
4. "I told you I am thirteen, the same age as you". : Chaitra
5. "You are a brave pair!" : Policewoman
D. Based on your reading of the text list out the merits and demerits of using computers.
3. Stores huge amount of data
5: Data security
1. Virus and Cyber attacks
2. Online cyber crimes
3. Destroys social life
4. Too much of sitting
5. Eye strain
E. Read the passage carefully and answer the questions given below.
Just then train moves . He runs towards a bogey door. The station manager rushes forward to catch the man. But he disappears into the crowded train. They all go to the police station. “You are a brave pair” says a policewoman. “Thank you for informing us about this imposter. Shree, you were clever to confide in a trusted adult! Will you put up this poster about cyber security in your school, please? We would also like to conduct a cyber crime cell will need to take a look at Shree’s computer. The next day, a cyber crime officer goes through Shree’s computer. Within hours, the police find the man who pretended to be Chaitra.
1. whom did the station master try to catch?
Answer: The station master tried to catch the imposter, who pretended to be Chaitra.
2. where did they all go?
Answer: They all go to the police station.
3. who are the brave pair in the story?
Answer: Shree and her aunt are the brave pair in the story.
4. Was the man honest or not ?
Answer: No. The man was not honest.
5. How did the police find out the criminal?
Answer: The police found out the criminal after examining Shree’s computer.
F. Answer the following questions.
1. Why did Shree’s parents buy her a computer?
Answer: Shree’s parents bought her a computer because they wanted her to learn computers.
2. How did Shree make friends through computer?
Answer: Two months ago, on her thirteenth birthday, Shree joined “Friends Net”. Through this net, she made friends.
3. What were the online activities given in this story?
Answer: Chaitra tells lies to Shree, saying that she is studying in school near to Shree’s school. She used a film star’s picture as her profile. She asked Shree to come to the raiway station all alone.
4. How did Shree’s aunt save Shree from the man who pretended to be Chaitra ?
Answer: Shree’s aunt accompanied her to the railway station. She informed the station manager about the new friend and asked him to help them. When she saw the man talking to Shree, she hit him with her handbag. He ran away into the crowded train.
5. How did the police find the man who pretended to be Chaitra?
Answer: A Cyber crime officer went through Shree’s computer within hours he found the man, who pretended to be Chaitra.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.