Quality planning is one of the foremost function of the members in the organization to achieve the quality objectives.
Quality planning is nothing but forecasting the future activities related to quality.
The whole organization should be involved in the implementation of Quality planning. Quality planning acts as a road map for the members in the organization to achieve the quality goal.
The Quality planning organizes the activities as a team from the beginning of the project.
Thus the manufacturing department works simultaneously with design and Engineering department before finalizing the detailed specifications.
Various steps in Quality planning are
Establishing Quality goals
I. Identifying the customers
II. Discovering the customer needs
III. Developing the product features IV.
Developing the process features
V. Establishing the process control and transferring in to operations.
Functions of Quality planning
Different functions of Quality planning are
1.Preparation, issue and updating of guidelines in quality assurance.
2. Preparation of updated detailed inspection instructions including check lists and formats for all stages of material, component and assembly of product
3. Planning for requirement of Inspection equipments. It involves
4. Assessing the requirements of various measuring equipments, Gauges etc along with desired accuracy.
5. Designing special equipments, gauges etc.
6. Developing sampling schemes (Sampling plans ) to evaluate the quality of products.
7. Developing quality surveillance (Quality supervision) procedures for manufacturing.
8. Developing a scheme of periodic calibration to check the accuracy of
gauges andMeasuring instruments.
9. Collaboration with the product design group to review the product design.
10. Collaboration with technology or process group for assessing technology and processCapabilities
11. Collaborating with suppliers or vendors for assessing their capability. To develop schemes for quality audits.