![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Points to remember:
· Functions are named blocks of code that are designed to do one specific job.
· Types of Functions are User defined, Built-in, lambda and recursion.
· Function blocks begin with the keyword “def” followed by function name and parenthesis ().
· A “return” with no arguments is the same as return None. Return statement is optional in python.
· In Python, statements in a block should begin with indentation.
· A block within a block is called nested block.
· Arguments are used to call a function and there are primarily 4 types of functions that one can use: Required arguments, Keyword arguments, Default arguments and Variable-length arguments.
· Required arguments are the arguments passed to a function in correct positional order.
· Keyword arguments will invoke the function after the parameters are recognized by their parameter names.
· A Python function allows us to give the default values for parameters in the function definition. We call it as Default argument.
· Variable-Length arguments are not specified in the function’s definition and an asterisk (*) is used to define such arguments.
· Anonymous Function is a function that is defined without a name.
· Scope of variable refers to the part of the program, where it is accessible, i.e., area where you can refer (use) it.
· The value returned by a function may be used as an argument for another function in a nested manner. This is called composition.
· A function which calls itself is known as recursion. Recursion works like a loop but sometimes it makes more sense to use recursion than loop.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.