Nervous System (Science)
Points to Remember
· Nervous system controls and coordinates the activities of our body.
· Neuron is the structural and functional unit of the cell and has three parts- cyton, dendrites and axon.
· A receptor is a cell or group of cells that receives the stimuli. An effector is a part of the body which can respond to a stimulus
· according to the instructions from the brain or the spinal cord.
· CNS is formed of brain and spinal cord. PNS consists of all nerves which connect brain and spinal cord to all parts of the body. ANS operates automatically and formed of sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves
· A reflex action is a rapid, automatic response to a stimulus which is not under the voluntary control of the brain.