Reports may be oral or written form of documentation
· Change of shift reports
· Telephone reports
· Family member reports
· Incident reports
· Legal reports.
. . . Chan e of Shift eports
· A change of shift reports is given by a primary nurse to the nurse who assumes responsibility for continuing care of the patient. The change of shift report might be given in written form or orally.
· It provides basic identifying information such as patient condition, current appraisal of each patients’ health status, current order by the physician, changes of medication, intravenous fluids, diet, activity level.
· Summary of each newly admitted patient.
· Report on patients who have been transferred or discharged.
. . . elephone eports
· Telephones and telemedicine equipment can link healthcare professionals immediately and enable nurses to receive and give critical information about patients in a timely fashion.
· Report the patients’ current vital signs and clinical manifestation investigation etc.
. . . Family Mem er eports
· Nurses play a crucial role in keeping the patient family and updated about the patients condition nurses should clarify their doubts and record their patient condition.
. . . Incident eports
· It is a tool used by heath agencies to document the occurrence of anything out of the ordinary that results in harm to a patient, employee or visitor these reports are used for quality improvement.