Living World of Animals
* To know there are many kinds of animals.
* Diversity is seen both in animals and plants.
* Living organisms may be unicellular and multicellular.
* Based on the habitat where they live there are variations in forms.
* Based on the habitat animals exhibit adaptations.
* Life form depends on each other.
The National School, Nallur, organised a field trip to a nearby village called Anaikkadu. The Students were so happy to see a village with ponds, streams, green fields and coconut trees. With the help of the teacher students were allowed to go around. One of them saw two birds building a nest. Where do the birds build a nest and why?
Children saw a number of butterflies fluttering near the flowers. The air was so fresh, so calm, so quiet and so relaxing. They came across a pond in the distance. It had some water. Floating on the water were dark green lotus leaves. A green frog was leaping from one lotus leaf to another making a croaking sound. A girl spotted a rabbit with a short tail. Can you make a list of the animals seen by the children? Were they all similar? In what way they were similar?