![if !IE]> <![endif]>
IMPORTANT QUESTION AND ANSWER: PLANNING FOR WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM
1. What are the methods of population forecasting?
1. Arithmetic increase method
2. Geometric increase method
3. Method of varying increment (or) Incremental increase method
4. Decreasing rate of growth method
5 .Simple graphical method
6. Comparative graphical method
7. Master plan method (or) zoning method
8. The logistic curve method
2. Define design period?
The future period for which a provision is mode in the water supply scheme is known as design period.
3. What are the factors governing the design period? The factors governing design period are,
a. Design period should not exceed the life period of the structure.
b. If the funds are not in a sufficient, the design period as to be decreased. c. The rate of interest on borrowing and the additional money invested.
4. What are various type of water demand?
a. Domestic water demand b. Industrial
c. Institution and commercial d. Demand for public use
e. Fire demands
5. What are the various type of water available on the earth?
1. Surface sources such as
a. ponds and lakes
b. Stream and rivers c. Storage reservoirs d. Ocean.
2. Sub surface sources a. Spring
b. Infiltration galleries c. Infiltration wells
d. Wells and tube wells
6. What is hydrologic cyde?
Water is lost to the atmosphere as vapor from the earth. Which is then precipitated back in the form of rain, snow, hail dew, sleet or frost etc.This process is known as hydrologic cycle.
7. What are rivers? What are the types of river?
Rivers are the most important sources of water for public water supply schemes. Rivers are of two types, they are
a. Perennial rivers.
b. Non perennial rivers.
8. What is jack well?
The various infiltration wells are connected by porous pipes to a sump well called jack well.
9. What are springs?
The natural out flow of ground water at the earth surface is called as springs.
10. What are the types of springs?
a. Gravity springs. b. Surface springs. c. Artesian springs.
11. What are artesian springs?
The pervious layer which contains water combined between two impervious layers are called artesian springs.
12. What are the different types of wells?
a. Open wells
1. Shallow wells.
2. Deep wells. b. Tube wells.
13. What is artesian spring?
The pervious layer which contains water combined between two impervious layers is called artesian spring.
14. What are the factors governing the selection of a particular source of water? The factors governing are as follows a.
the quantity of available water b. The quality of available water
c. Distance of the source of supply
d. General topography of the intervening area e. Elevation of the source of supply.
What are various type pressure pipes?
a. Cast iron pipes b. Steel pipes
c. Rick pipes
d. Home steel pipes
e.Vitrified clay pipes
f. Asbestos cement pipes
g. Miscellaneous type of pipes.
16. What are the advantages and disadvantages of cast iron pipes? Advantages:
a. Moderate in cost b. Easy to join
c. Strong and durable d. Corrosion resistant
a. They can not be used for high pressures generally not used for pressures above 7kgkm
c. When large they are heavy and uneconomical.
d. They are likely to break during transportation or while making connection.
17. What are types of joint?
a. Socket and spigot joint
c. Mechanical joint called dresser coupling d.Elexible joints
e. Expansion joints
18. How the corrosion of metal pipes is reduced?
The corrosion of metal pipes can be reduced by following method a. Protective coating
b. Selecting proper pipe material c. Quality of water
d. Cathodic protection.
19. What are the factors governing location of intake?
a. Intake structures are nearer to the treatment.
b. Intake structures must never be located near the disposal of water.
c. Intake structures should never be located near the navigation channel. d. There should be sufficient scope for future expansion.
20. What are the types of intake?
1. Simple submerge intake.
a. Simple concrete blocks. b.
Rock fill timber blocks.
2. Intake structures.
a. Wet intake.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.