1. List out the type of pile based on material used?
timber pile, concrete pile, steel pile, composite pile
2. How is the selection of pile carried out?
The selection of the type, length and capacity is usually made from estimation based on the soil condition and magnitude of the load.
3. What is mean by group settlement ratio?
The settlement of pile group is found to be many times that of a single pile. The ratio of the settlement of the pile group to that of a single pile is known as the group settlement ratio.
4. What are the factors consider while selecting the type of pile?
-time available for completion of the job
-availability of equipment
-the ground water conditions
-the characteristics of the soil strata involved
5. What are the type of hammer?
drop hammer, diesel hammer, double acting hammer, single acting hammer, vibratory hammer
6. What is pile driver?
Piles are commonly driven by means of a hammer supported by a crane or by a special device known as a pile driver. 7. What are methods to determine the load carrying capacity of a pile?
7. What are methods to determine the load carrying capacity of a pile?
- dynamic formulae
- static formula
- pile load test
- penetration tests
8. What are the two types of dynamic formulae?
- Engg. news formula
- Hiley's formula
9. What is meant by single-under reamed pile?
The pile has only one bulb is known as single under reamed pile.
10. Write down the static formulae?
The static formulae are based on assumption that the ultimate bearing capacity
Qup of a pile is the sum of the ultimate skin friction Rf and total ultimate point or and bearing resistance Rp.