Social Science : Geography
LITHOSPHERE – II
V. Give Reasons
1. Chemical Weathering is predominant in hot
and humid zones.
predominantly is not and humid zones.
• Chemical weathering takes place through the process of
oxidation, carbonation, solution and hydration, Oxygen, Carbondioxide and
Hydrogen are the agents.
2. Silt deposits are less at estuaries
• Slit deposits by the river is not possible in the estuaries
like delta as if the waves keep on eroding the deposits.
3. Wind can possibly erode the
rocks from all sides.
• Rocks are made up of hard and soft layers and When the rock's
bottom is soft, the sand - laden winds blow against it and wear it down.