Miscellaneous Practice Problems
1. Draw and answer the following.
i) A triangle which has no line of symmetry
ii) A triangle which has only one line of symmetry
iii) A triangle which has three lines of symmetry
2. Find the alphabets in the box which have
i) No line of symmetry
N, S, Z
ii) Rotational symmetry
O, N, X, S, H, Z
iii) Reflection symmetry
M, E, D, I, K, O, X, H, U, V, W
iv) Reflection and rotational symmetry
O, X, H
3. For the following pictures, find the number of lines of symmetry and also find the order of rotation.
4. The three digit number 101 has rotational and reflection symmetry. Give five more examples of three digit numbers which have both rotational and reflection symmetry.
Answer: 181, 111, 808, 818, 888
5. Translate the given pattern and complete the design in rectangular strip?
6. Shade one square so that it possesses
i) One line of symmetry
ii) Rotational symmetry of order 2
7. Join six identical squares so that atleast one side of a square fits exactly with any other side of the square and have reflection symmetry (any three ways).
8. Draw the following :
i) A figure which has reflection symmetry but no rotational symmetry.
ii) A figure which has rotational symmetry but no reflection symmetry.
iii) A figure which has both reflection and rotational symmetry.
9. Find the line of symmetry and the order of rotational symmetry of the given regular polygons and complete the following table and answer the questions given below.
i) A regular polygon of 10 sides will have 10 lines of symmetry.
ii) If a regular polygon has 10 lines of symmetry, then its order of rotational symmetry is 10.
iii) A regular polygon of 'n' sides has n lines of symmetry and the order of rotational symmetry is n.
10. Colour the boxes in such a way that it posseses translation symmetry.
1. i) Scalene triangle ii) Isosceles triangle iii) Equilateral triangle
2. i) P, N, S, Z ii) I, O, N, X, S, H, Z iii) A, M, E, D, I, K, O, X, H, U, V, W iv) I, O, X, H
3. i) 0, 2 ii) 1, 0 iii) 2, 2 iv) 8, 8 v) 1, 0
4. |8|, |||, 808, 8l8, 888
9. i) 10 ii) 10 iii) n, n