LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Match their hobbies.
B. Choose the correct answers.
1. ____________ is a Do It Yourself kid.
Answer: b. Vinoth
2. Rosy ____________ a bicycle.
Answer: a. rides
3. Raju loves ____________.
Answer: c. cooking
C. Answer the following questions.
1. Who sews the cloth? Aliya sews the cloth.
2. What does Megalai do with elders? Megalai swims with elders in a well.
3. How does Raju help his mother? How? Raju helps his mother by cleaning grains and cereals,
4. What does DIY kid refer to? It refers to Do It Yourself kid,
5. What is your hobby? Reading is my hobby
LET US BUILD
What do you think
She got confused between and .
These two words sound the same but their spelling and meaning are different.
Such words are called homophones. There are many homophones.
Come, let us learn a few!
A. Look at the picture and tick (✔) the correct word.
B. Connect and write the homophones in the box.
C. Write the homophone for the given word and draw the picture.
D. Pick out the correct option from the given homophones.
1. I saw a bee (be / bee) on the flower.
2. The wind blew (blew / blue) off the leaves.
3. What did you buy (buy / by) at the store?
4. You should never lie (lye / lie) to your parents.