![if !IE]> <![endif]>
A. Answer the following questions.
1. Why do we add spices to food?
Spices are added to our food to balance nutrition and to
keep us healthy.
2. Which spices are used a lot in Indian food?
Cumin, mustard, peppers, cloves, fennel, cinnamon and turmeric
are used a lot in Indian food.
3. Which parts of a plant are collected as spices?
Flowers, leaves, roots, bark, seeds and bulbs are the parts
of plant which are collected as spices.
4. What are the uses of spices?
When cooked with rice, meat, fish or vegetables, the spices
give the dish a special savoury taste. It makes us want to eat more.
5. What happened after Columbus discovered America?
Columbus found out chilli after discovering America.
B. Choose the best option.
1. People say curry comes from a Tamil word ‘kari’ which means ___________________.
Answer : c) Sambar
2. Pepper is also known as ___________________.
a) liquid gold
b) black gold
c) white gold
Answer: b) black gold
3. ___________________ wrote about cinnamon in 2700 BCE.
Answer: c) Japanese
4. The Greeks, Romans and Egyptians all bought cinnamon from _______________.
b) South America
Answer: c) India
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.