![if !IE]> <![endif]>
A. Identify the character/ speaker.
1. Owlie’s gone! Answer: Payal
2. She opened one eye and then the other. Answer: Owlie
3. Don’t panic. Answer: Mother
B. Choose the correct answer from the options given.
1. The owlet was brown and grey. (brown and grey / white and grey)
2. In Payal’s family, they were all non-vegetarian. (non-vegetarian / vegetarian)
3. The cage was shifted to the library. (library / living room)
C. Read the passage and answer the questions.
Payal and her mother started talking bravely about where to bury Owlie. Just then, Owlie opened one eye and then the other. She got out her feet and quietly climbed the perch! Payal learnt later that falling on her back and pretending to be dead was Owlie’s way of defending herself against danger.
1. Why did Payal and her mother want to bury Owlie?
When Payal's mother fed Owlie with small peace of squished meat Owlie fell off her perch on to the floor of the cage and laid on her back on the floor in the cage with feet up in the air. Payal and her mother thought that Owlie is dead. So they wanted to by Owlie.
2. What did Owlie do then?
Owlie opened one of her eye and then the other.
3. What did Payal learn from Owlie’s pretence?
Payal learnt that Owlie falling on her back and pretending to be dead was Owlie's way of defending herself againt danger.
D. Rearrange the following jumbled sentences in the correct order.
• Payal’s house was a home for abandoned animals.
• It was a small ball of brown and grey.
• She found an owlet in one corner.
• Payal’s mother picked her up gently.
• Payal’s mother opened the carton.
• One day they got a carton.
• Payal's house was a home for abandoned animals. 
• One day they got a carton. 
• Payal's mother opened the carton. 
• She found an owlet in one corner. 
• It was a small ball of brown and grey. 
• Payal's mother picked her up gently. 
E. Discuss in pairs. Then write the answers.
1. What kind of a girl was Payal? What did she like? How did she behave with animals and people?
Payal was a kind hearted emotional girl. She liked to take care of abandoned animals. Payal loved animals she used to see to it that the cage was cleaned everyday, and search tacts about every birds or animals. She used to fill water bowl and squish the meat and feed Owlie and other birds and animals in her house. She also enabled to the birds to learn flying.
2. Do you think Owlie was happy to be with Payal? Give reasons for your answer.
Owlie was very happy to be with Payal. Owlie liked the way payal is taking care of itself and that is why Owlie came back to Payal even though she knows to fly.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.