Keywords : Parts, Dismantle, Assemble, Instructions
Shall we assemble the doll?
Materials required: Any available toy to dismantle and assemble.
Procedure: Teacher can take any toy and dismantle it. Assemble the dismantled toy parts slowly step by step. One example is given below. Teacher can facilitate similar activity for peer group to strengthen the concept.
Think like a Mathematician
Parts are here... Find the vehicle...
Tick (✓) the vehicle assembled by the above parts.
I found this puppy picture pieces in a magazine.
Fun on squares
Place the puzzle cards in it's respective squares.
Shall we help (the puppy to get back it's shape?
I myself will arrange.
1. Divide the class into two groups.
2. Teacher asks the groups to collect a picture from magazines, daily newspaper etc. and make it into four pieces and shuffle it.
3. Group B has to arrange the pieces shuffled by Group A and vice versa.
4. Teacher may facilitate, monitor and appreciate.
5. The next round will be continued with another set of picture cards.
Fix the pictures.
Connect the pieces with correct picture,
Find the hidden animals.
Teacher's Note : Prepare more cards like above and encourage the children to find hidden animals.
Tick (✓) the missing part.
Circle the correct part of the animals.
Which are my horns? Which is my tail?
Match the math block.
Find the correctly arranged picture set and tick (✓) it.