![if !IE]> <![endif]>
VI. Answer in detail
1. Highlight India and International organisation with special reference to any three India’s global groupings.
• India is a potential superpower and has a growing influence all around the world.
• As India is a newly industrial country it has collaborated with many countries.
• India has acted as a prominent member of several international organisations.
• It has been a founding member of some organisations.
• India is a member of formal groupings like UNO, NAM, SAARC, IBSA, BCIM and BBIN.
Member countries: India, Brazil and South Africa.
Objectives: To focus on agriculture, education, energy, trade, culture and defence among others.
Member countries: Bangladesh, China, India and Myanmar.
Objectives: To respond to threat such as natural disasters and data breaches and protect business interests.
Member countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal.
Objectives: For energy development.
2. Trace the reason for the formation of BRICS and write its objectives.
Reasons for the formation of BRICS:
• To be an alternative to World Bank and IMF to challenge U.S. supremacy.
• To provide self-owned and self-managed organisations to carry out developmental and economical plans in its member nations.
Objectives of BRICS:
• To achieve regional development.
• It acts as a bridge between developed and developing countries.
• To contribute extensively to development of humanity.
• To establish a more equitable and fair world.
• Boost intra BRICS trade in their local currencies to increase trade cooperation and cope with the current international financial crisis.
• To promote the technological information exchange among the member states.
• To enhance inclusive economic growth that will lead to an increase in the creation of jobs, fight against poverty and accelerate the economic transformation of members.
3. Mention OPEC missions and how does it help other countries?
• To coordinate oil policies in its member countries
• It helps stabilise oil markets
• To secure fair and stable income to petroleum producers
• An efficient, economic and regular supply of oil to consuming nations
• A fair return on capital to those investing in the petroleum industry
OPEC helps other countries:
• The OPEC Fund for International Development is an institution that helps finance projects with low interest loans.
• It also provides grants to social and humanitarian projects.
• OPEC has an Information Centre with over 20,000 volumes including books, reports, maps and conference proceedings related to petroleum, energy and oil market.
• The Information Centre is open to the public. It is often used by researchers and students.
1. Students can be asked to collect information form newspapers about India’s relation with world countries.
2. Group project involving students to prepare an album with pictures on India’s latest projects with its neighboring countries.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.