V. Give short answers
1. Name the neighbouring countries of India.
• Pakistan and Afghanistan to the north-west
• China, Nepal, Bhutan to the north
• Bangladesh to the east
• Myanmar to the fareast
• Sri Lanka and Maldives are two countries close to India and separated by Indian Ocean.
2. Write a short note on Strategic partnetship Agreement (SPA).
• Indo-Afghan relation was strengthened by the Strategic Partnership Agreement. .
• SPA provides assistance to re-build Afghan's infrastructure, institutions, agriculture, water, education, health and providing duty-free access to the Indian market.
3. Mention the member countries of BRICS.
5. South Africa
4. What do you know about Kaladan Multi – Model Transit Transport?
• India is building the Kaladan Multi-Model Transit Transport.
• It is a road-river-port cargo transport project to link Kolkata to Sittwe in Myanmar.
5. How do you assess the importance of Chabahar agreement?
• Chabahar Agreement was a trilateral agreement signed between India, Afghanistan and Iran.
• It has led to the establishment of transit and transport corridor among the three countries using Chabahar port.
• This port is seen as golden gateway for India to access landlocked markets of Afghanistan and Central Asia bypassing Pakistan.
6. List out any five global groupings in which India is a member.
7. What is the role of Japan India Institute of Manufacturing (JIM)?
• In the manufacturing sector Japan announced its co-operation of training 30,000 Indian people in the Japan India Institute of Manufacturing.
• It provides Japanese style of manufacturing skills to enhance India's manufacturing industry base and contribute to 'Make in India' and 'Skill India' initiatives.