![if !IE]> <![endif]>
ADVANTAGES OF PAPER PATTERNS
· A correct pattern will result in good fit.
· A pattern prepared on thick paper or card board can be preserved and re-used for a long time.
· Basic patterns can be modified to pro-duce patterns for complicated designs. (Example: the basic bodice front pat-tern can be modified for a bodice with yoke design).
· A paper pattern can be used to make new patterns of the same design by enlarging or reducing the size of the paper pattern. This is done by a scien-tific method called “grading”.
· It is easier and quicker to cut using a paper pattern than drafting straight on the fabric.
· A paper pattern enables us to cut a gar-ment with a minimum amount fabric. One can find out the most economical way of cutting the fabric by placing the paper pattern on top and trying differ-ent ways (Layouts).
· Drafting mistakes can be corrected in the pattern itself.
· Patterns can be modified according to the recent trends in clothing.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.