Factors to be Considered for Selecting Office Stationery:
The office manager has to decide about the quality, types, and needs of stationery. Besides, the following points have to be considered while deciding the stationery.
1. Standard: Separate standard is followed for each type of stationery. There is no link of standard with cost. Only utility is taken into account while deciding the standard.
2. Suitability: The stationery should be capable of satisfying the needs of the office and well suited for the purpose for which they are purchased.
3. Cost: Clerical operations cannot be carried out in the absence of stationery. Even though, the cost of stationery should not exceed 40% to 50% of the non-salary expenditure.
4. Goodwill: The letters must give a good impression to the recipient. They create goodwill for the firm.
5. Durability: Cheaper quality stationery has a shorter life. The papers are kept for long period and used as documentary evidence. Hence, superior quality stationery should be used for important matters.
6. Preservation: The carbon copy of the letter is preserved for future reference. Hence, the letter appears on the carbon.
7. Performance: A specified brand of stationery has to be used continuously until the stage of availability of satisfaction. If not so, it has to be substituted by another brand.
8. Quality: Stationery has short life if ordinary quality is purchased. The stationery of superior quality will be profitable since it may go for double the time of ordinary quality and incurred low expenses.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.