CUTTING THE FABRIC
Principles to be followed while cutting:
· The ends and sides of the fabric are to be kept parallel to the table edges so that it will not shift.
· Walk around the table for cutting instead of pulling the fabric. Since moving the pattern and material will shift the grain and result in uneven cutting.
· Hold the pattern with left hand and cut with right hand.
· Put the thumb in the round handle and fingers in long handles, so that the shears will not slice at angles.
· Cut with long, smooth strokes. Keep the cutting blade or shear resting on the table.
· Cut notches outward.
· Check if extra pattern details like bias binding, facing, piping are cut.
After cutting the patterns, place them carefully together. Don’t fold the patterns. Try to sew the patterns together as soon as possible because delay in sewing will reduce the freshness of the garment.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.