· A Pamphlet is a small booklet or leaflet containing information or arguments about a single subject.
· They are helpful in presenting information in a more attractive way and also easily accessible and economical to distribute.
· They are generally used for describing the product or instructions, commercial information, promotion of events or promoting tourism.
1. Make a pamphlet on ‘Dengue Awareness’ (Focus on its causes, preventions, symptoms and precautions).
2. Make an attractive pamphlet for your school’s Fair organised for raising funds for (any) relief (Specify the date, time, types of stalls and the reasons for the fair).
3. Make a pamphlet on the latest gadgets (Mention the variety of models, uses, need and availability).
A letter of enquiry is a formal letter, written to get more details / information about something. In this letter the word limit should not exceed 200 words. It is used to enquire and get details to purchase an item, to know about a course for study, a place for a trip, etc It must include sender's details.
Vimala had purchased a laptop last year. She writes the following letter to the shop enquiring about the warranty coverage for the damage caused.
342, Annai Theresa street
4th August 2019
Subject: Enquiry about damage replacement–regarding.
Madam / Sir,
Last year, I purchased a new Lenovo laptop in your shop during the New year offer. Now, the laptop's display is damaged. So I need to know whether there is any free replacement coverage or warranty period that covers the cost of repair. Please, let me know the best way to address this issue.
1. Your a librarian in a newly established school. Write a letter to the book dealer inquiring about the list of newly arrived English children's story books and various subject books relevant to 10-14 age groups.
Govt. Hr. Sec. School,
Rasi Book Stall,
Madam / Sir,
Sub: List of books - request for - regarding.
I am Hariharan, the librarian of Government High School, Keeranur, Pudukottai. Our school management has decided to set up ^library to improve reading habit among the students.
We intend to purchase English Story Books and other Subject Books for children in the age group of 10-14 years.
I request you to kindly send us a list of newly arrived Children’s English story books and other subject books. I want to know the cost of books to proceed further on purchasing the required books. Awaiting your immediate reply.
2. Venkat hails from a remote village of Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu who aspires to become an IAS officer. Currently, he is in class X. He notices an advertisement on free classes for the IAS aspirants by a trust in a news paper. He writes a letter to the coordinator of the trust inquiring for further details.
No: 12, Nesavalar Street,
Way to Success Trust,
Sub : Enquiry about joining IAS Academy - regarding.
Ref: Your advertisement in ‘The Hindu’ dated 16.03.2020
I am Venkat studying 10th Standard in Government High school, Mettukkuppa'm in Perambalur District.
I saw your advertisement in “The Hindu” dated 16.03.2020. I am very excited to know that you commence free classes for the IAS aspirants in May 2020.
I am hailing from a very poor family living in a remote village of Perambalur District. My parents are working as coolies. In spite of my poverty, I wish to become an IAS Officer and to serve our country.
I like to know the following details:
1. Am I eligible to join the academy after completing my 10th standard?
2. How can I get your application form?
3. What are the documents to be produced at the time of joining?
Please let me know the procedure and kindly reply.
3. Write a letter to the head of the BSNL office enquiring regarding the internet broadband scheme launched recently.
No: 21, Nadu Theru,
Anjaneyar Koil Street,
Trichy - District.
The General Manager,
Customer Care Centre/BSNL,
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited,
Trichy - 620 006.
Sub: Broadband connection - enquiry about - regarding.
Ref: Your advertisement in “The Hindu” daily, dated 16.03.2019
I have seen your advertisement in “The Hindu” daily dated 16.03.2019 regarding the new launch of broadband plans.
Ip your advertisement, you have mentioned the new launch of Fiber to Home(FTH) scheme with many offers to the Customer.
1 like to know the difference between ordinary Broadband connection & the newly launched Fiber to Home (FTH) services. What will be the initial deposit I have to pay against those schemes? Please send me the Tariff Plan for both the Broadband and FTH Schemes.
Awaiting your reply.
Thanks & Regards,