![if !IE]> <![endif]>
You are walking into a grove at 12 noon. You feel that somebody is following you. When you look behind, nobody is there. How would you feel? What would you do? Share it in the class.
Walter de la Mare (1873–1956) was an English poet, short story writer and novelist. He is best known for his works for children. ‘The Listeners’ is said to be his most famous poem.
1. champed - bit and chewed upon noisily
2. ferny - consisting of flowerless plants (ferns)
3. turret - a small tower that projects from the wall of a building
4. smote - knocked loudly
5. sill - a horizontal piece of timber beneath a window or a door
6. perplexed - confused
7. thronging - crowding
8. hearkening - listening attentively
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.