earn one's name; in the rear of; to see one fi ght; devoid of; air and manner; quick as a fl ash; in wild haste; make a pass
lion, mouse, parrot, fox, hawk, snake, monkey, dog, snail, bee
1. Describe the appearance of Little Cyclone.
2. What does the fight Little Cyclone and his brother put up, tell you about the nature of grizzly bears?
3. "If any of you fellows think there is anything coming to you from me, come and take it". How did Liitle Cyclone prove this?
4. Describe the confrontation between Little Czar and Little Cyclone.
Little Cyclone was a grizzly cub from ___________________ earned his name ___________________ When his mother was fired at, they ____________ The next day at sinrise the two orphans found themselves at ___________________ One of them escaped ____________________ So the captor let him go. But the other cub was ________________________ and taken to the _________________________ at New York. The Zoological Park had ______________ Usually a newcomer is badly scared on his first day but ________________ When the box was opened he stood up with courage_________________________ Cyclone courageously met every _______________ In less than an hour all the other bears understood ________________ From then on Little Cyclone's position was ______________.
1. Little Cyclone is a grizzly cub who earned his name by his ____________
a) appearance and behaviour.
b) viguor of resistence to ill-treatment.
c) speed and courage.
d) escape from a cyclone.
2. The nervous captor let one bear go because ________________
a) he was afraid of bears.
b) he did not have proper equipment to seize him.
c) the bear fought so fiercly.
d) the bear escaped and ran away.
3. Little Cyclone was rescued by the ____________
a) members of the Blue Cross.
b) friendly hands of the Zoological Society.
c) members of the National Zoo.
d) volunteers from New York.
4. Little Czar was a ___________
a) good natured European brown bear.
b) grizzly cub from Alaska.
c) furry little Polar bear.
d) North American black bear.
5. Little Cyclone will fight any other bear in ____________
a) 10 minutes' notice.
b) 15 minutes' notice.
c) 03 seconds' notice.
d) 10 seconds' notice.