* The Vijayanager ruers appointed Nayaks in their provinces.
* The Nayak of Madurai in turn appointed Palayakkarar.
* The English got the right to collect taxes and the result was the outbreak of the revolt of Palayakkarars.
* The collection of tribute was the main cause for the rivalry between the English and Kattabomman.
* Marudu brothers were the sons of Mookiah Palaniappan and Ponnathal.
* Dheeran Chinnamalai was trained by French military in modern warfare.
* Tipu Sultan fought against the British East India Company.
* Rani Lakshmi Bai was the best and the bravest among the leaders of the Revolt of 1857.
1. Beheaded: hanged to death துாக்கிலிடு
2. Betrayed: give away information about somebody காட்டிக்கொடு
3. Cartridge: bullet தோட்டா
4. Eventually: in the end முடிவாக
5. Infantry: an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot காலாட்படை
6. Tribute: payment made periodically by one state கப்பம்
7. Swarm: crowd கூட்டம்
1. Rajayyan, K. - South Indian rebellion :The First War of Independence 1800-1801, Mysore : Rao and Raghavan, Mysore 1971
2. Bipan Chandra - History of Modern India, Orient Blackswan Private Limited 2018
3. Ishita Banerjee-Dube - A History of Modern India, Cambridge University Press 2014