1. On seeing the old man, the dog ______ the tail.
2. The neighbour was a_______ cruel and superstitious man.
3. Grass had ______ in the fields.
4. Doctors are ______________ to take certain precautions.
5. When you are out with your puppy always have a ______ in your pocket.
1. The old farmer and his wife loved the dog
a) because it helped them in their day-to-day work.
b) as if it was their own baby.
c) as they were kind to all living beings.
2. When the old couple became rich, they
a) gave the dog better food.
b) invited their greedy neighbours to a feast.
c) lived a comfortable life and were generous towards their poor neighbours.
3. The greedy couple borrowed the mortar to make
a) rich pastry and bean sauce.
b) magic ash to win rewards.
c) a pile of gold.
1. The old farmer was a kind person. Jus-tify the statement with suitable exam-ples from the story.
2. (i) How did the dog help the farmer even after its death? (ii) How did it help him next?
3. Why did the Prince reward the farmer but punish the neighbour for the same act?
4. Bring out the difference between the two neighbours with suitable examples to sup-port your view.