![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Read and Understand
i. The story I Can’t Climb Trees Anymore highlights the importance of ________
a) old age.
d) middle age.
ii. The house which was visited by the man____________
a) remained unchanged.
b) was totally changed.
c) was slightly repaired.
d) was given a facelift.
iii. Who said, “A blessing rests on the house where the shadow of a tree falls”?
a) grand mother
b) grand father
d) the narrator
iv. The author came back to the house because he ________________
a) wanted to see the jackfruit tree.
b) Was looking for his lost youth.
c) wanted to look again at his old house
d) wanted to buy the house.
v. He gifted _________ to the little girl.
a) an iron cross
b) a bronze medal
d) old coins
1. Explain:“Blessings rest on the house where the shadow of a tree falls.”
2. What did the writer observe about the house?
3. What was the local superstition about trees?
4. Who is the owner of the house now?
5. What did the Narrator do with the turnstile when he was a boy?
6. Why did the narrator return to his old house?
7. How did he get back the Iron Cross?
8. Who did the house belong to originally?
9. What did he do with the old Iron Cross?
10. Where had he left his childhood treasures ?
won’t : will not
I’d : I had/ I would
I’ll : I will
When I was a young girl
We used to play
Out in the field
Of flowers all day.
There were roses and daisies
And lilies, too.
We used to trade them,
Saying from me to you.
At lunchtime we’d have
A picnic in the field.
We’d go get the basket
And eat a good meal.
There were muffins and chocolates
And berries, too.
We would even get
A cookie or two.
Oh, the life of the young ones
Was such a beautiful phase.
We would look at the field
And happily gaze.
1. The poet used to play in the house when she was young / lazy.
2. The flowers mentioned in the poem are roses / holly hocks.
3. The poet used to go home for tea / lunch.
4. Muffins /grapes were the favourite food of the poet.
5. Life was beautiful / happy when the poet was young.
6. There was plenty of time to gaze / walk in the field.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.