Our Society (Term 2 Chapter 3 | 2nd EVS Environmental Science)
1. Write the names of the folk arts.
( Silambattam, Karagattam, Poikkalkuthirai,
Ans : Karagattam, Oyilattam, Silambattam,
2. Group the festivals.
( Diwali, Independence day, Onam,
Mahaveer Jayanthi, Republic Day, Pongal, Gandhi Jayanthi, Bakrid )
Festivals: Diwali, Onam, Pongal, Bakrid
National Festivals: Independence day, Mahaveer Jayanthi, Republic Day, Gandhi Jayanthi
3. Who am I? ( Plumber, Soldier, Conductor, Carpenter,
a. I make things out of wood Carpenter.
b. I repair a leaking tap Plumber.
c. I stitch your dresses Tailor.
d. I guard the nation Soldier.
e. I issue tickets in a bus Conductor.
4. Choose and write the correct answer.
a. Festivals help us to meet and greet our friends. (greet/
b. We are happy to eat the special food. (sad / happy)
c. We hoist our National Flag on national festivals. (national /
d. Easter is celebrated on
Sunday. (Monday / Sunday)
e. When we drop a coin into the water, it sinks (sinks/floats)
f. National Science Day is celebrated on February 28. (February 24
/ February 28)
(Self Evaluation )
* I know the differences between religious and
* I appreciate our folk arts.
* I value our helpers.
* I realise that science is related to my everyday