Our Environment ( Term 1 Chapter 1 | 2nd EVS Environmental Science )
1. Match the following.
a. Desert - Lion
b. Plain - Camel
c. Forest - Fish
d. Pond - Cow
a. Desert – Camel
b. Plain - Cow
c. Forest - Lion
d. Pond - Fish
2. Draw a line to connect the land forms with their names.
3. Write ‘ T ‛ if True and ‘ F ‘ if False.
a. Step farming is done in the hills. ( T )
b. The horse is called the ‘Ship of the Desert‛. ( F )
c. Lions and tigers are found in the forest. ( T )
d. A forest has sand dunes. ( F )
4. Classify the following words.
( Camel, Duck, Tiger, Cactus, Sand, Fish, Elephant, Water, Lotus, Deer, Tree )
Forest : Tiger, Elephant, Deer, Tree
Pond : Duck, Fish, Water, Lotus,
Desert : Camel, Cactus, Sand,
5. Complete the following sentences using the phrases given in the bracket.
(can drink a lot of water at one go, is full of trees, has step farms, has salt water, is smaller than a lake)
a. A forest is full of trees
b. The sea has salt water
c. A camel can drink a lot of water at one go
d. A pond is smaller than a lake
e. A hill has step farms
* I can identify different environments
* I take care of my environment